Hemp, the ecological plant by nature
Hemp belongs to the large Cannabinaceae family and the Cannabis genus. There are several families of cannabis which are distinguished from each other by the content of their seeds in psychotropic substance. The best known, but also the one we use, is Cannabis Sativa. It is an annual plant that grows wild all over the world. It germinates in spring and flowers from late summer until the end of October. It is cultivated mainly in Africa, Asia and South America.
We use a variety of cannabis whose seeds do not contain any psychotropic substances (THC). The plant then no longer has any value as a drug. The plant appears as a small bush or shrub with dark green leaves in the shape of a fir tree.
Hemp seed oil production
In a worm screw press, healthy and cleaned seeds are first cold pressed, without any solvent or chemical intervention. Then the oil is successively filtered on blotting paper. The oil is then stored away from light and heat.
Properties of hemp oil
Virgin hemp oil has moisturizing, protective, firming, repairing properties and its daily application strengthens the structure of the skin tissue, thus protecting the skin from the signs of time. Non-comedogenic (the comedogenicity of a substance is the tendency of an ingredient to obstruct the sebaceous glands, responsible for the production of sebum), it strengthens the hydrolipidic film of the epidermis and helps to reduce transcutaneous water loss .
As a cosmetic ingredient, organic hemp vegetable oil is recognized for these properties:
- Anti-ageing, regenerating and revitalizing thanks to its essential fatty acids which fight against the effects of free radicals and stimulate the regeneration of the cutaneous hydrolipidic film.
- Calming, it has a soothing action on redness and irritation.
- Emollient, it reduces water loss and protects the skin from dehydration.
- Penetrating. It quickly penetrates the skin without a greasy film. This "dry" oil is very popular for massages.
- Firming and softening. It helps maintain the elasticity and youthfulness of your skin.