What are the benefits of CBD on the skin?
CBD has numerous benefits for the skin, depending on the skin type and the issue being addressed. CBD can help with:
Regulating the production of sebum for oily or acne-prone skin
- CBD normalizes the expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines (anti-inflammatory effect).
- CBD normalizes lipogenesis in sebocyte cells (lipostatic effect without compromising cell viability).
- CBD decreases the proliferation of these cells (antiproliferative effect without inducing sebocyte apoptosis).
- CBD exerts a sebostatic action (lipostatic and antiproliferative) by activating TRPV4 receptors, thereby significantly reducing sebum production.
Alleviating sensitive or irritated skin
Its regulatory action on the inflammation process helps limit the production of pro-inflammatory molecules at multiple levels. By doing so, it contributes to restricting the dilation of micro-blood vessels, thereby reducing the occurrence of skin redness. This is particularly beneficial for conditions like rosacea and psoriasis. As a result, the skin appears smoother and more soothed.
Reducing redness or inflammation
Many studies attribute undeniable effectiveness to CBD as an anti-inflammatory at various levels:
- By blocking the migration of macrophages (digestion of foreign particles and pathogens).
- By regulating the activation of lymphocytes (recognition and destruction of foreign cells).
- By inhibiting the release of pro-inflammatory substances.
- By promoting the release of other anti-inflammatory substances called "Cytokines".
CBD demonstrates its effectiveness as an anti-inflammatory at various levels.
Preventing or reducing signs of ageing
The antioxidant effect of CBD helps slow down the oxidation process of cells, thereby preventing the occurrence of oxidative stress. CBD thus delays the natural aging process of cells and acts as a barrier against factors leading to premature aging that we encounter daily.
Hydrating dry skin
CBD improves the appearance and texture of the skin, making it more supple, smoother, and radiant.
To learn more, click here.