Welcome to our blog dedicated to CBD and its effects on sleep.
Cannabidiol, more commonly known as CBD, is a fascinating molecule that interacts with many receptors in the human body, far beyond the endocannabinoid system. These include receptors for serotonin (5HT1A), dopamine (D2 and D3), GABA, PPARg receptor, TRP channels, as well as glutamatergic excitatory systems.
CBD may help you relax and have smoother, calmer nights. CBD is not a drug, it does not cause any psychotropic effects and is not addictive, unlike THC. If you want to find an alternative to drugs and natural way to rest, CBD may be a viable solution. In this article, we tell you everything you need to know about this molecule, and how to use it.
You will also discover that CBD may prove a promising alternative to Melatonin to find sleep and increase its quality.
CBD for quality sleep
Cannabidiol helps you relax your body
This molecule has grown in popularity due to its ability to relax your muscles and its potential to enhance sleep quality. Research indicates that CBD has anti-anxiolytic and anti-oxidant properties. After a few doses, you may feel much more calm and ready to fall asleep.
It may also be very useful to improve the quality of sleep. The point is not to fall asleep, but to have a good quality sleep. It can help you sleep longer and have a much more restful sleep. By taking this active ingredient regularly, you might be less likely to wake up in the middle of the night, to have insomnia, and to be tired when you wake up.
A very high proportion of the population suffer from sleep disorders today. Studies indicate that CBD may help a significant number of people to have pleasant and peaceful nights. We are therefore committed to offering you a natural product that helps you sleep faster and better!
Should you replace your sleeping pills with CBD?
If you have major sleep problems that require the use of sleeping pills, it is advisable to first seek the advice of your doctor. Some research suggests that taking CBD may potentially replace sleeping pills.
What are the differences between CBD and melatonin?
You may be familiar with melatonin as a natural sleep aid, but let's see how it compares to CBD and why we recommend you try it.
1. Origin: Melatonin is a synthetic hormone, while CBD is a plant molecule naturally found in cannabis.
2. How it works: Melatonin acts directly on the sleep cycle by influencing melatonin receptors, while CBD acts indirectly on sleep by interacting with the endocannabinoid system, promoting relaxation and reducing anxiety.
3. Duration of action: Melatonin acts for a few tens of minutes, while CBD acts for several hours.
4. Sleep onset: Melatonin is potent in promoting sleep, while CBD facilitates sleep without inducing drowsiness.
5. Quality of sleep: Melatonin does not necessarily improve the quality of sleep, while CBD improves the quality of sleep by relaxing the nervous system and helping to balance nervous system functions.
6. Hormonal impact: Melatonin has the potential to deregulate the hormonal cycle when used for long periods of time or in inappropriate doses, and can be habitual. CBD, on the other hand, has no impact on the hormonal cycle, making it a safer option for long-term use.
CBD acts above all, on serotonin
CBD interacts with several receptors, including that of serotonin (5HT1A). This interaction is particularly interesting in the context of sleep. Indeed, CBD acts as an activator of the 5HT1A receptor, which can lead to anxiolytic effects and improve mood, both in animals and humans. This action on serotonin can also have an indirect impact on the quality of sleep.
How can CBD be consumed?
There are several methods to ingest CBD. However, our preferred and recommended approach is to use sublingual oils for regular - daily - consumption.
If you are a fan of the taste that this product provides. Know that you can add a few drops of CBD to an infusion before bed!
Does the quality of CBD have an influence?
Yes, it has an influence on the effects you will feel! A product of bad quality will have less effect and will be less noticeable when consumed.
We only offer quality products. By buying our hemp-based products, you benefit from the latest scientific advances in the field.
We source all our oils in accordance with our commitment to quality and environmental protection. Our CBD Oil is premium, so we guarantee you the best quality possible. Our hemp is, of course, from French agriculture and cold pressed to preserve its beneficial effects to the maximum.
FAQ: CBD FOR SLEEP
How to take CBD for sleep?
To take CBD sublingually, here are the steps to take CBD oil under the tongue:
- Before use, make sure to shake the bottle of CBD oil well to homogenize the solution.
- Using the pipette provided, scoop out the desired amount of CBD oil.
- Place the CBD oil under your tongue, keeping it in contact with the tissue under your tongue.
- Hold the oil under your tongue for approximately 60-90 seconds before swallowing.
- You can swallow the remaining CBD oil if you wish.
- Repeat this process according to the manufacturer's instructions or your doctor's recommendations.
It is important to note that the amount of CBD needed may vary depending on your weight, age, health and goals. We invite you to check out our Dosage Calculator to help you determine intake.
Why does CBD help you sleep?
Many people have reported an improvement in the quality of their sleep after consuming CBD.
CBD's beneficial effects on sleep may be due to its ability to reduce anxiety, stress, and pain, which are factors that can impair sleep quality. By acting on these factors, CBD can promote more restful sleep and reduce sleep disorders.
CBD may also act on the body's endocannabinoid system to regulate the sleep-wake cycle. This system is responsible for regulating several bodily functions, including sleep. Preliminary studies suggest that CBD may help regulate sleep by promoting relaxation and drowsiness.
It is important to note, however, that the effects of CBD on sleep may vary between individuals. Therefore, it is recommended that you consult a medical professional before taking CBD to improve your sleep, especially if you are already taking sleep medication.
The quality of CBD determines its effectiveness, so choose wisely.
Is it possible to replace your medication with CBD?
Under no circumstances should you use CBD as a substitute treatment.
It's important to note that CBD can interact with some medications, so if you're on medication, be sure to consult your doctor before taking CBD.
Sowé Botanic Lab recommends that any use of food supplements be done according to medical advice, especially in cases of drug treatment with or without a prescription, illness, pregnancy, and breastfeeding. It is also recommended that supplementation, as CBD, always be used as a complement to a healthy lifestyle.