Despite some of the misconceptions that might be attributed to cannabidiol (CBD) due to its cannabis-related origin, it has many beneficial effects. Among them, its effects on the skin are quite simply exceptional and reveal the health benefits that this molecule can provide. Taking care of your skin can be very simple, a few drops of CBD per day can be enough to give you a radiant complexion and fight against your imperfections. In this article, we explain everything there is to know about CBD.
Hemp oil and CBD oil : what are the differences?
Hemp oil: Hemp, native to Central Asia, has been used for thousands of years in human medicine because of its richness in proteins, vitamins and amino acids. From the beginning, its stalks and seeds were pressed to produce hemp oil and creams for irritations, inflammations, skin rashes, joint pains and burns. Hemp oil is widely used in the cosmetic industry. It is obtained by pressing the seeds and contains an extremely low level of cannabinoids. The absence of these cannabinoids, which contain the real active ingredients of the plant, considerably reduces its effectiveness.
CBD oil: CBD, as you probably know, is one of the many active ingredients of cannabis, this plant with a thousand virtues. It is obtained through an extraction process and is therefore qualified as an active ingredient of 100% vegetable origin, in other words "vegan".
Its main quality? Its interaction with the human endocannabinoid system (ECS), which was discovered in 1998. If you didn't know, the endocannabinoid system is one of the most important and complex communication systems in our body. Its main function is to react to any kind of stress in order to allow the internal environment to keep/restore its balance. CBD and other cannabinoids therefore play a crucial role in maintaining the various balances of the body and more specifically on skin pathologies and alterations.
Why should we include CBD in our skincare routine?
CBD has the ability to regulate the secretion of sebum from your skin. It is in fact the latter that builds up complications on the surface of your epidermis. An excess of sebum is harmful for your skin, because it can store itself and create impurities. A lack of sebum, on the other hand, will make the surface very dry, causing redness and many other related problems.
That is why L’huile précieuse Sowé (with 9 plant-based oils and CBD) is the ideal product to give your skin an unparalleled glow. By applying a few drops to the face each day, it will reduce your imperfections in record time. It is an essential part of your beauty routine, morning or night.
Morning routine: Apply every morning after cleansing the face/body, preferably before applying cream, to allow the skin to absorb the treatment.
Night routine: Apply every night after cleansing the face/body, just before going to bed, so that the active ingredients penetrate throughout the night as the skin regenerates.
For more info, check out our articel on L'huile précieuse, the must to add to your skincare routine.
CBD can be used to trat skin diseases
Your skin is your body's first barrier against bacteria and aggressive external elements such as the cold. Beyond a simple epidermal problem, this product can cure certain very disabling skin diseases.
Your skin may develop redness, irritation or even inflammation. To soothe all these discomforts, a CBD oil will do the trick! This way you can soothe diseases such as eczema, psoriasis or our famous acne for example.
All CBD effects on the skin
For your information, the European Commision, through their cosmetic ingredients database called Cosing, lists no less than 4 conclusive effects: Anti-sebum — skin conditioning — skin protecting — antioxidant.
Nonetheless, the benefits of CBD go far beyond that and it even seems to replace many creams on the market to improve the beauty of your skin. Here's a list of everything you can expect to get from CBD for your skin:
- Anti-ageing : CBD works on your skin to help keep it supple and elastic. Over time, skin can lose tone and this is where CBD will work to prevent your face from developing wrinkles and sagging.
- Soothing : Sometimes your skin is subjected to external aggression. To avoid redness, a few drops of L’huile précieuse on your skin will allow it to regenerate as it should.
- Healing : As with our previous point, L’huile CBD or a cream, allows you to heal much faster. Acne scars, for example, will disappear much faster when using this product!
- Antioxidant : It is also an action to fight against this oxidative stress. CBD promotes the reconstitution of collagen and protects your skin cells.
- Antibacterial : Many bacteria grow on the skin and can cause problems such as blackheads. Apply L’huile CBD on the affected area will eliminate the bacteria responsible for your pimples on the skin.
- Anti-sebum : CBD has the amazing ability to regulate sebum on the skin as we saw in the previous section.
- Anti-inflammatory : CBD prevents skin redness and irritation. It calms your itching and helps your skin to recover its normal appearance.
There are a lot of benefits to consuming CBD. It may be able to replace many of the cosmetic products you use or at least complement them.
What is the difference between L'huile précieuse and L’huile CBD ?
Both forms are interesting, but have slightly different uses.
- For simple skincare use, L’huile précieuse with CBD is recommended. It has good moisturising properties and makes your skin look good. It can easily be incorporated into a regular skin care routine. For an optimal effect, this blend of 9 cold-pressed oils with 500 mg of CBD will impress you in the morning. The duration of its action on the hydration of your skin is remarkable and will easily last through the night.
- For a more in-depth treatment, L’huile CBD with high concentration (20 or 30%) is the best option. Pure CBD oil effectively treats inflamed and/or acne-prone areas of your skin. Check our article on how CBD can treat your acne. To treat damaged areas of your skin, apply a little oil to the area and leave it on. Also, L’huile CBD is edible and can be used for wellness purposes.
You should experiment with what works best for your skin, as every skin is different. Find out more about all our products here.
Q&A : CBD for your skin
Cbd for your skin, what benefits ?
CBD contains cannabinoids that act on the skin. It regulates the sebum secreted by the sebaceous glands and thus makes it possible to limit problems linked to acne or skin inflammations and eczema for example.
Is CBD dangerous ?
CBD has no harmful effects on your health. It has many qualities on your health. It protects your skin from external aggressions and nourishes it.