As you are well aware, there are so many different beauty products in the market with promising results and sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming. As Sowé’s products are oil-based, let’s discuss how to properly apply an oil and how to add oils correctly to your skincare routine, for optimal results.
Botanical oil properties
It is well known that botanical oils contain essential fatty acids such as omega fatty acids that can influence the skin barrier function, membrane fluidity, cell signalling, and the inflammatory pathway.
The skin can benefit greatly from omega fatty acids as they can strengthen the skin's surface layers acting as building blocks in skin cells, resulting in a complexion that is smoother, healthier, and younger-looking.
Omega fatty acid topical treatment aids in:
- Repair the skin barrier to enhance hydration and elasticity by fortifying and smoothing the skin's surface.
- Calm sensitive, irritated, and red skin
- Lowering UV-induced photodamage and aging symptoms
- Improve dry and flaky skin
- Hydrate skin and shield it from environmental harm
- Maintain elasticity, control oil production, and retain moisture.
Examples of Omega Fatty acids:
- Omega-3 – Fish oils, vegetal oils, walnut oil, leafy vegetables, and more…
- Omega-6 – Safflower, grapeseed, sunflower, soybean, sesame oil, and more…
- Omega-9 – Olive, sunflower, and flaxseed oils, macadamia nuts, and more…
L’huile précieuse containing CBD is an excellent choice for adding essential fatty acids to your skincare routine. The moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties of CBD can help repair the skin barrier and soothe sensitive skin.
With all this goodness, we can't help but want to start incorporating it in our daily skincare routines and that’s why we want to share with you some tips on how to add oils to your current routine:
1. Always apply your oils after cleansing your skin; preferably on damp skin for faster absorption. It is known that water can make a greater carrier for oils through the skin making it easier for active ingredients to reach your skin from the inside out.
After cleansing your skin, apply around 5 drops of any oil of your choice in your hands and gently press the oil into your skin, avoiding the eye area. If you wish to take your skincare routine to the next level and make your own skincare ritual, you can do so by softly massaging the oil into your face with upward motions as shown here.
For even better results, spray some thermal or floral water and leave it until it has completely absorbed. You can then continue your routine as usual and apply your daily moisturizer or leave your skin with just the oil.
2. Regarding moisturizer, there are still some questions about whether it should be applied before or after your oil and for that, you should consider your type of skin and your daily moisturizer as specified below:
- Dry Skin: If you have very dry skin and use a dense and thicker day cream, you should apply your oil before your moisturizer so that you can lock the benefits of the oils and greater hydration with the two products together.
- Normal Skin: If on the other hand, your skin is normal and you use a light moisturizing cream or lotion, you should apply your oil on top of your cream. This way the oil will help retain moisture, and the absorption of the ingredients in both products will be more efficient.
- Combination Skin: You will take advantage of both products by mixing a few drops of your chosen oil with your moisturizer as explained in point 3.
3. You can add Huile Précieuse Face Oil containing CBD to your daily moisturizer to enhance its effectiveness. Simply add 1-2 drops of the oil to the amount of cream you wish to apply. Gently mix until both products are well combined. Apply the product to your face until fully absorbed.
Now that you are aware of how to use oils on your skin and their benefits, you can explore our entire range of products to choose the oil that best suits your skin type. Use this to diagnose your skin.